Bistek Tagalog Recipe is a Filipino version of no other than Beef Steak dish. It is one of the most cooked Filipino dish of the Filipinos and serve in special occassion like Wedding, Baptism, Fiesta and many more. Bistek Tagalog simply needs a little ingredients and not coomplicated procedure that's why it is very easy to cook.
Bistek Tagalog Ingredients:
- ½ kilo beef
- 1 cup calamansi juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 white onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- cooking oil
- Sliced the beef around ¼-inch thick. Mix calamansi and soy sauce in a mixing bowl, add pepper, garlic and beef. Mix the ingredients well. Refrigerate the mixture and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat the skillet. Pour cooking oil and increase the heat for oil to become very hot.
- Fry the slices of beef for about 3 minutes per each side or cook until brown. Do this in batches. Keep the marinade, it will be used later.
- When you are finished with the beef, stir fry the onion rings in the remaining oil. Put back the beef in the skillet, then pour the marinade. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the beef slices from the skillet and arranged it in a medium-sized platter. Topped with onion rings. Pour the sauce over the beef and onions. Best when served hot and with white rice.
- When picking which part of the beef you should buy, I suggest that you purchase the tender part of the beef (recommendation: sirloin or tenderloin) as this recipe doesn’t require the beef to be cooked in long and slow process.
- For Filipino’s overseas and curious foreigners, you may replace calamansi juice with lemon juice and some lime zest for additional flavour.